Shortly after getting my results for second year (2:1), I flew to Florence a week prior starting the placement to give myself sometime to prepare myself.
Going onto the roles and responsibilities as an IT support, these are the duties I will be doing everyday:
· Helpdesk management (answering on the phone, first line troubleshooting and solving, opening and closing support tickets)
· Installation of PCs
· Asset management (HW and SW inventory management)
· Cloning procedures
· Installing PC hardware – external peripherals and internal components
· Installing software on Windows and Mac platforms
· Troubleshooting on software and hardware on Windows and Mac platforms
· Email ( MS Outlook or Web-based)
· General support of user IT related problems
· Documentation skills including HTML
I will be here for a year starting from the 16th July 2015 and finishing on 15th July 2016.